BIG problem

OK folks...I have a huge problem...

Last night I did an upgrade/system overhaul for a rather large state
agency on their Slackware box, upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0. The upgrade went
file except for one small problem. We didnt back up a directory that was
needed for the Excite search engine they run on this website. They told me
that all that they needed to keep was in /home/httpd. Turns out they were
wrong...:-/

I DESPERATELY need to find another copy of the search engine source files
( its in perl ) and need to get it installed. Excite.com doesnt have any
info pertaining to this thing. All i know is that some of the cgi is still
in the /home/httpd/cgi-bin dir, and the header comments say the
following...:

## Copyright (c) 1996 Excite, Inc.
##
## This CGI script is intended as a first stop for
## administrators of Excite, Inc.'s web site search engine.
##
## This script will appear a several different web pages,
## and will check to make sure that the user has
## registered with Excite, Inc. before providing access
## to the full range of functionality.

This thing doesnt even show up on Freshmeat, and I am stumped...

Tim Grossner, Systems Engineer
CityScape Communications
'The Total Technology Solution Provider'
phone 217.535.1010

ps, at least I have already put in my 2 weeks, so if they fire me...oh
well...:-)