Re: ftp access with no shell access

Well, you could either disable shell login in pam.d, I don't know if
that'll disable the ftp login though.. Otherwise, utilize your ipchains,
or set the users' shell to /usr/bin/passwd or something. I don't beleive
ftp cares if the user has shell access, and changing the users' shell,
to that, will only allow the user to change his password, via ssh or
telnet..

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time :)

Kara Pritchard
Linux Users of Central Illinois
(217)698-1694
kara@luci.org