Re: cronjobs and top not getting along

> That error is because top can't figure out what sort of terminal the
> cron session is in, because it isn't in one.  So top gets confused
> trying to figure out how to clear the screen and stuff.  The proper
> approach would be to look at top's sources and figure out how it
> computes the numbers.  It's somewhere in the /proc files, I'm just not
> sure which one(s).

	yeah, i have waded through /proc looking for where top
	gets the actual percentage number and it just isnt there.
	i am suspecting that top takes another number from within
	/proc file and generates an actual xx% value.
	anyone else have ideas on how to get a % value out of a
	/proc file? I know there must be some way since there are
	all those grovvy little applets for WM that do essentially
	what I want but from a gui