lib-png + gtk

Hey, I've got quite a few little utils that I really kinda like taht use
gtk, which I assume somewhere uses png's.  I've moved from lib-png 1.0.2 to
1.0.3, because I kept getting errors when I'd start a gtk app, claiming tha
tI have 1.0.2, which corrupts images on load, so I need to move to 1.0.1.
Well, I rebuilt lib-png again, and now I have 1.0.3 which I'd hope fixed
whatever bug that was.

Anyway, I still get a bunch of complaints whenever I load gtk stuff
involving me having 1.0.2.  Does anyone know offhand what part of gtk has
some idiotic version compiled in so I can recompile it, and possibly shove
some smarter detection routine into while I'm there?  It's gotta be before
teh app level, 'cause it happens even after a recompile of grip my test
app)...

Thanks,
Danny