checking out your users

Hey, I have the following in my /etc/hosts.deny

in.telnetd : ALL : twist /bin/echo  "An attempt was made to access %N at
%A via telnet. The request was made by %n from the followin
g address, %a." | mail -s "Telnet Attempt!!" charles@lunarmedia.net

and it works just fine. If I want the same type of scenario to occur but
on telnet attempts that are allowed through the /etc/hosts.allow, do I use
the same syntax? When i try to, I lose my telnet connection. Should I use
the "spawn" keyword rather than "twist"?

cjm