stress-test

Did I ask this once?  I dunno, but do any of you know offhand of some
network server stress-testing utilities?  I'll prolly just write my own
little script and stick it on a few boot disks, but it'd be cool if someone
had already written something like that...  It'd be even cooler if that
something involved client boot floppies and a master that collected stats
from all the slave nodes after the run... :)  I guess...

BTW, I'm specifically looking at seeing what kind of a load a mail server
can handle, then what kind of load a web-based imap client on that mail
server can take acceptably.  Speaking of which, any reccomendation for a
web-based mail client to use or avoid?  We're setting up student e-mail
(around 5,000 accounts) and wanna provide access via a web broser...  I've
got a few possiblities, but haven't tested anything yet.

Thanks,
Danny