Re: ftp stalls

Travis Davies wrote:

> Has anyone had this problem before?
>
> When You try to connect to you ftp server and it takes
> about five minutes to get a login prompt?
>

> =====

I've had that problem with both telnet and ssh from certain computers.
I've figured out that most of the time this comes from DNS being
improperly configured somewhere along the way.  In my case my university
doesn't have reverse lookup correct so when my server tries to verify my
IP address it has to try both of its DNS servers and then finally gives
up before allowing me to login.
--
Benjamin Story
bstory@bullets.net