Re: monitor clicks?

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Travis Davies wrote:
> When I configured X on my system ( because it wasn't configured at
> intallation ) I chose the closest monitor that had near the same
> speicifications at mine. When I start X the monitor makes a click sound.
> sort of like when you would turn it on.
>
> Is this a bad thing?

Well, does the display start showing stuff, or does it just go into
powersave mode or something evil like that?  A lot of monitors click when
they change resolutions (and refresh rates), so it's likely OK unless
stuff's not working.

One of my favorite computer sounds is the unified click of the mointors in
a lab when their machines all reboot simultaneously after a re-imaging
(and the matching floppy drive check sound)...

--Danny, who has a lot of clicking monitors in his apt. too