RE: Meeting Agendas and Organization

I've been wanting to do an installfest since earlier this year,
but I just can't find anywhere suitable to have it at. With the
research and collections building getting back in order it
may be a possibility to have it there, but we'll have to speak
with Erich about it first. I've come to the conclusion that
the museum is our only ally for getting things done since
no other entity seems interested (I've tried to get LRS to
host LinuxMentors, and the Installfest, but I haven't gotten
any positive response back about it).

However, I don't think that the installfest is the only (or best)
way to help out our new members. Your idea for doing a quick
presentation on the different commands is great, and this is
exactly what I'm talking about: thinking outside the box and
coming up with creative solutions to our issues. Now if we
could only get the older, and more experienced members to
join in this talk I'm sure we could get some really good ideas.

In any event, one of the biggest problems we have is how to
accommodate varying levels of skill while keeping it interesting
for everyone, and maintaining some type of group direction
overall. At this point the group has been very reactionary by
having meetings based on what's going on in the industry,
but I think we'll be better served by trying to be more
informative about the system rather than current events.
Either way, I'm interested in hearing what's on Steve's mind
about this topic.

Care to comment Steve?

Jason