Re: SQL Reviews.

At 01:32 PM 11/13/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Which Linux SQL implementation(s) are preferred,
>and for what reasons?

At work, we use PostgreSQL (or postgres, as we call it).  It is quite nice
and robust, supporting ODBC connectivity to Oracle, Micro$uck's SQL, and
Micro$uck's Jet Engine.  It has quite a few features that make it excellent
in the Enterprise (My current project using this database involves tracking
all the state agencies' Year 2000 readiness for the Illinois Technology
Office, not a small matter at all - we've got literally over a million
records).  Postgres works well with scripting through Perl, Pascal, even
C++ - depending on what you're after.  Most of the state of Illinois Year
2000 project's web site directly interfaces with this database.  We like
it.  (And who said the government wouldn't go for Linux?  If only they
knew...  heh heh heh).

See http://www.postgresql.org for details and information

Laz