Re: Xdm and chooser

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Mark Blunier wrote:
> When I start X with
> X indirect laptop
> I get a chooser listing K7, laptop, and localhost.
> I can chose laptop or localhost, and X starts on the localhost,
> but if I choose K7, I get a grey screen like X is trying to start,
> but xdm is not running, and then after a few seconds I get the
> chooser back.
>
> Any ideas on why the desktop won't fire up if selected from
> a laptops chooser?

It's not something silly like an xhost problem, is it?  Those often annoy me
when I'm setting up remote workstations - it should annoy everyone else to
be fair...

> Jeff, in case you are wondering, your dual celeron should have me
> beat on bogomips.

What?  Jeff got a dual machine?  Darn it, does that mean I've gotta get a
faster machine now?  Geez, earlier this evening someone almost outran my
truck, and now this... :)

--Danny, who needs a new job