Re: USR 33.6 freezing

the s= init strings are to disable or enable 56k options. If you have a
33.6 modem, you don't need to mess with that. Essentially, if you have a
56k Sportster, adding the s32=34 line to your init scripts, you'll force
the modem to use v.90 instead of X2 or Kflex (whatever it is).

The place that explains all this the best is http://56k.com

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Jay Link wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any problems with external US Robotics 33.6 fax modems
> stalling / hanging / freezing? I.e., half of a web page will load, and
> then it will slow down and then just hang?
>
> I've seen some web sites that recommend changing some of the s= init
> values, but they all differ on exactly what needs to be done.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -J
>

> --

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com