RAID!

Hi,
  I'm playing with setting up a new dell system that has hardware RAID
(I've been told). Because dell wouldn't do anything else, it came with
WinNT. 	I used it for a day to play Riven, but now am working to move
linux to it. We bought Caldera 2.3 (because we will soon have a Netware
machine to talk to) but I am botherd by the "easy" installation...it
didn't give me any chance to configure the disk.

  After that, I tried Redhat 6.0...(more experience with that) and it
worked, I think. Still, I don't know about the hardware raid. Do I need to
install it to the first disk, then recompile the kernel to support the
RAID? At boot time I see it mention "loading aic7xxx module" which looks
like it is seeing the right RAID card, right?

At the moment I'm fighting with it to force it to not do KDM as the
opening login...god I hate non-text logins....

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html