Re: development software

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:59:17AM -0600, cloudmaster wrote:

> Does anyone have a favorite IDE that works with C/C++ and provides some
> simlple little features like a function browser (or something like that)
> and maybe works with CVS nicely?  I'd prefer to not use something that
> always assumes I'm developing graphical applications, if I can avoid it...
> :)  I'd be happy to find a pretty debugger, though.

Emacs does C/C++, has a function finder thingie (etags), and is
integrated with CVS.  And it definitely doesn't assume you're doing
all GUI debugging. :-)

It's also integrated with gdb, FWIW, although I prefer DDD.

> On a related note, any suggestions as to how I'd put a CVS server behind a
> linux firewall using port forwarding or something akin to that?

Not that I know what I'm doing, but...

  ssh -L 2401:<CVS server>:2401 <firewall> <other ssh options>
  export CVSROOT=':pserver:localhost:<path to repository>'

That should work, although it's untested.