RE: XFree86 RPMS

It's not very likely that you'll get snapshots in rpm form. Just download
the tarballs and untar them in the /usr/src/ directory and then compile
(./configure, make, make install). There are rpm's for 3.3.6 on Red Hat's
ftp site, but the problem there is that they are split up into a number of
different packages. Here's the FAQ for upgrading Xfree86 under Red Hat
at this URL:

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/XFree86-upgrade/XFree86-upgrade.htm

If you're already running 3.3.6 then I would highly recommend that you
wait for the stable version of XFree86 4 to become available from Red
Hat.

Jason