Tcpdump - packet retransmit

Hi,

I'm new to tcpdump.  I want to get the tcp retransmits info. from a
given port. I think the seq no will not change when retransmit a packet.
I can get the info. from the repeated seq.no. I used the command

       "tcpdump tcp and host waldorf.ittc.ukans.edu  and port 22"

But, I found that the data_seq no is continuous after I disconnected
network of the host waldorf.  I'm very confused.

Could anyone told me why and if I can  get the packct retransmit
info. form TCPdump directly?  Thanks a lot.

Jiang