Re: All the Buzz.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Tesla Coil wrote:
> My machine is just a few grunts and beeps away from
> sounding like an old mainframe... :{
>
> With mixer volume at less than 50%, I'm hearing stutter
> from applications opening, all mouse/keyboard input, and
> even from xscreensaver activity.

So you're hearing it as a result of interrupts being set all over the place?
I had a couple of older ISA cards that did taht their whole life.  Since
I've had real good lick with them, my preference would be to just go grab a
cheap PCI sound card.  That's the only way I ever "solved" that problem.
I'm sure there's a better way - but I don't know it.

You might try disconnecting your CD drive's audio cable in the hopes that
there's a ground loop being introduced there, but that should ideally be a
floating ground...

--Danny