RE: Good C books

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Burke, Jason wrote:
> And/or this one from O'Reilly:
>
> Practical C Programming
> By: Steve Oualline
> ISBN: 1-56592-306-5
> (Steve Oualline also has an excellent C++ book)
>
> I've only read parts of this book, but this was the book that my
> instructor used when I had my first C class in 93. It's a good book
> for the more technically minded people, and it has some great
> tips on writing maintainable and readable code.

I used this book as a basic reference when I first had to actually write C
code.  It's a decent beginner reference if you already have some idea of
what you're doing, and it kinda shows how some basic data structures work,
but it's not a great reference for "the only book on my bookshelf" - once
can certainly learn from it, however.  I look in it when I forget syntax for
commands I don't use frequently...

--Danny, who really doesn't use C terribly often