Re: Command Performance.

On 14 Apr 2000, John Corey wrote:
>> No, it's not just you, nor just with roaming access.
>> Several times in the last two days, I've seen it bus
>> error and vanish from the screen on stress of POP
>> password entry.  Retrograded to 4.7, with which I
>> had no previous problems, but it continues.  Dunno.
>
> Oh yes, I had that a long time ago.  If you had a browser
> window loading a page, then went to read mail it would
> crash on password entry.  I haven't had problems since
> I put a fresh install of Mandrake 7 on this computer.  I
> had moderate success just letting the browser lay still
> while I started up mail.

I don't have a page loading though--browser is set to
start with a blank page, and almost always check mail
first thing.  My experience is that it works fine if
you let it warm up first.  Must be that high viscosity
code they're using nowadays--bits all crammed together
in odd numbers, hafta heat up, thin out to divide by
four before they load.  Something like that...