Re: [CLUG] promiscuous mode on int for regular user

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 08:54:49, Charles Menzes said:
> i would like to allow a specific user to set the e0 interface into
> promiscuous mode in order to run traffic analyzer.
> how can this be done?

Check out sudo.  You can allow a user to run certain commands as root.
Although, you need to be vary careful about what that program can do :)

http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/08/06/902393255.html

Keith

--
   Keith T. Garner                                       kgarner@megsinet.net