Re: Linux on FAT16

I was out at Best Buy tonight, and noticed a "Linux Windows" thing.  I
picked it up, and it's apperently mandrake that creates a disk image under
dos^H^H^Hwindows and installs into that, and from the pictures appears to
make a pretty little "crooked hat" icon for easy booting into your friendly
mandrake setup.  Since it's only something like 20 bucks, I'm thinking about
trying it out in a one of our computer labs as a substitute for
dual-booting.  Has anyone else actually tried that out so I can get some
real experiences? (my reason for the clug crosspost)

Oh, Charles, it said on the box that it uses 95 or 98; I'd guess because of
the dos booting thing (loadlin?), so your NT machine might not be real happy
with it.  The good news is that vmware runs on NT, and would do practically
the same thing - unless you're figuring on a lot of 3D gaming. :)

--Danny