RE: And now for something completely different...

Okay, the CDs for El Salvadore are being created
as I write this. For those of you who don't know,
Microsoft has come to an agreement with the
government of El Salvadore to imposes harsher
penalties for license violations on its citizens(jail
time being among the new penalties). Many people,
including myself, feel that this is a silly action by
Microsoft since they have plenty of fish to fry in
this country where license violations are concerned,
and in response we have decided to donate a bunch
(50 right now, hopefully 50 more in the near future)
of Linux CDs to help the people of El Salvadore
make better use of their computing power while
freeing them from oppresive licensing under M$. I
would like to thank the following people for making
cash donations which made this possible:

Jim Mclean
Ron Steward

I would also like to thank Steve and Kara for
allowing me to bring up the subject at the LUCI
meeting. Thanks guys for your help and donations.

Sincerely,

Jason Burke

PS: For those of you interested I went with the
Debian in a box CD. I'll also be sending down my
copy of "Learning Debian GNU/Linux", and since
this book has been released under a open license
the people of El Salvadore should be able to copy
and distribute this as well.