Re: scsi emulation (yes, again)

> So you have IDE-SCSI compiled in or modularized?  Looking at your module
> list, there's no CD-ROM driver and you say you have SCSI ooptions
> modularized.  Did you compile IDE-CD or SCSI-CD into the kernel?  Hopefully
> not, so all you'll need to do is "modprobe sr_mod" (I think) for the CD
> drive to show up (as /dev/sr0 or /dev/scd0, whichever).  You'll also want to
> "rmmod ide-cd" if it shows up in a lsmod.

 Here is how my kernel looks:

Block devices  --->
<*>    Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
<M>    SCSI emulation support

SCSI support  --->
<M> SCSI support
<M> SCSI CD-ROM support
<M> SCSI generic support

Old CD-ROM drivers (not SCSI, not IDE)  --->
[*] Support non-SCSI/IDE/ATAPI CDROM drives

 This is the way it should be for the burner to work right?

> > one thing that does bother me is that on boot, i see a good deal of errors
> > relating to unresolved symbols when the machine goes to look for kernel

	I am still confused about why i am seeing the unresolved symbols
	errors showing up on boot. i am doing a standard make dep make
	bzlilo make modules make modules_install, and I am not seeing
	any errors when each of these run. so the unresolved symbols
	is seeming like black magic to me right now.

	cjm