Debian 2.2 Pre-Release 1 CDs

Some of you may have seen the news that Debian has started its first
test cycle.  This is approximately like Microsoft's "release
candidate" system, where a distro is built and tested, and if it
passes all the tests, it's blessed as "official".  Currently, the
Debian release team is in the process of building "official" CD
images, etc.

In the meantime, I have built my own prerelease 1 CD set from my own
mirror of the "potato" archive.  It has been tested with one install
successfully.  This set includes all of main, including non-US (so GPG
and ssh are included, along with lots of other goodies); contrib and
non-free software is installable if needed from the Internet.  It is
i386-only (in other words: not Sparc or Alpha or ARM or...).

I will be able to burn copies for people Monday night and bring them
to the Perl Mongers/Newbie Night meeting this Tuesday.  If anyone
wants a set, E-mail me by Monday evening sometime (definitely the
sooner the better).  It's a 3 CD set, so I'm only going to ask for $3
per set to offset the media costs.  Alternately, I will burn copies
for free for anyone who can give me blank media Tuesday; I will burn
them and bring them to the regular LUCI meeting in two weeks.

I'll also likely continue this service for the foreseeable future,
with the latest potato pre-releases and the official release once it's
available.  Maybe I'll do a giveaway of a full set once potato goes
gold.  Who knows?  Anyone think this would be fun?  It'll at least
offset the madness with maroon headgear and green lizards everyone
else seems to have. :-)

ObGPL: I don't have the resources yet to build source CDs, though I'm
working on it.  If anyone really wants source, I can take orders on
Tuesday and deliver them by the next meeting.  I'll charge the same
prices for source: $3 per set, or free if you provide media.  (I think
that it's a three-CD set for source, too; if not, I'll let you all
know.)  Of course, all the source is also available at www.debian.org
as well.