Re: Netscape and iwon.com

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Travis Davies wrote:

> Has anyone had problems with netscape when connecting
> to iwon.com? Everytime I connect to iwon.com on Linux,
> Netscape shuts down completely. I have to restart it
> all over again.
>
> Let me know...

It connected fine for me, but there was a pop up advertisement. Your
Netscape is most likely choking on that somehow.

Netscape is practically like a yoyo, it has worse uptime than Windows
NT. The slightest thing can make it segfault. It's even crashed X before
for me (although I think that was due to swap problems).

I think that goes to show how crappy corporate code is. Netscape is the
worst written program on my box, and it is the only one that is not free
software.

Can't wait for Mozilla.

Jordan Bettis.
 "Damn it! Somebody spiked my coffee with water"  --Larry Wall