Re: Books For Sale

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Joe Bonansinga said:
> > I occasionally have to sell books to get more, so
> > I can justify to my wife why I spend all our money computer books. She just
> > doesn't understand why I need so many computer books.
>
> Can you say "reference"?
>
> If you need a good reason for having a lot of computer books, show her
> what average salaries are for Unix people.  ;-)

I think my biggest joy in life is getting new computer books (followed in
a close second by getting more computer toys). I can't say that I have too
many books that I don't use all the time (I have a C++ book that I didn't
even bother finishing reading, I tell my self that I will get around to
reading it eventually as C++ is an important thing to know because of all
the PHBs out there who don't know that it sucks).

I have books that I read four years ago that I still use every day. even
the 'Learning' books are useful if they have a good index.

BTW, How much for the Learning Perl 2nd Edition?

Jordan Bettis.
 "Damn it! Somebody spiked my coffee with water"  --Larry Wall