Weird Problem

All,
 I've never seen this before. The machine I'm seeing this on never boots
past the last line here. Anyone have any ideas? All I did was reboot the
machine, and this is what I got:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly
change_root: old root has d_count=1
Trying to unmount old root ... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 72k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
INIT: version 2.77 booting
INIT: cannot execute "etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit"
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/rc.d/rc"
INIT: ID "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: ID "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: ID "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: ID "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: ID "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: ID "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

 Thanks!

Adam Van Pelt

Motion Internet
A Division of CyberCity Communications, Inc.

Adam Van Pelt                   219 N. Main St.
Technical Support               Chatham, IL 62629
http://www.motion.net           Phone: 217.483.7900