Re: Eterm and scroll bars

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 06:44:51PM -0500, Charles Menzes wrote:
> all-
> i recently installed Eterm 0.9.7 and found that the scroll bar will not
> show up, or is set to completely black as its color. I tried ctrl-clicking
> on the term window to see what options were availalbe, and found that the
> menu itself looked as though it had background and text both set to black
> as it was completely illegible.
> Is there any other way to access Eterm prefs?

http://www.eterm.org/

According to the man page available there, there's a "--menu-text-color color"
option that may be of use to you.

It claims that you should have a "user.cfg" file somewhere, probably under
the ~/.Eterm or ~/.Eterm/themes/Eterm/ directory.  It seems that there might
also be a system-wide config file in /usr/local/share/Eterm/themes/Eterm/theme.cfg
if the man page is right and your eterm was compiled with default values.

You might also consider looking into Etmenu.sh and see if it can execute
any helpful menu commands.

Through that, surely one of those will help. :)

--Danny, who has been using gnome-terminal despite the broken "delete" map and the fact that it takes 2x as much menory...