Re: Applixware 5.0

Oh, you don't like being able to do everything from one program? I happen
to like the fact that I don't have to load MSWord, MSExcel,
MSPresentations, and whatever else MS has separate packages for.
StarOffice uses no more resources than any single of those :P I like that
I can have a text document and a spreadsheet all together and being able
to switch back and forth from the same program at the same time :)

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Robert Threet wrote:

> --- Kara Pritchard <kara@linux.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, WordPerfect uses wine to run. Have you tried
> > StarOffice 5.2 the
> > latest release? It's not nearly as boggy as 5.1. It
> > reads Word documents
> > just fine too.
>
> Does it still load up a big ol' interface?  I don't
> like that.
>
> It has the best Presentation maker of all of them.
> Too bad people hate those so bad now.  :-)

- Kara