Perl one liner requested

What if you had, hypothetically, a Majordomo config
file that had a bunch of text (50k) that contained
many lines too long to be correctly parsed by
Majordomo (seems to be a 70 character limit on lines).

Would you:

A. Write a Perl script to read in the lines in and
write them out so that the lines over 70 had the
proper slash at the end of the line to make it useable
by Majordomo?

or...

B. Implement another well known (although unknown to
me) solution to this rather common problem?

I'm going to attempt the first and post my baby-talk
Perl answer unless I am told otherwise.