Re: Removing Files and Subdirectories

Please note that recursive rm's have a dark side, and become more
dangerous as one becomes more familiar with the command and type it more
quickly. In the "Admin Horror Stories" there is a separate section for
"Creative uses of rm(1)".

http://www2.hunter.com/~skh/humor/admin-horror.html (among many copies out
there).

I've personally found that if I never logged into my machines as root,
they would stay up forever.

eks