Re: linux on a win partition

Fips and the new version of Lilo are the key to fixing this problem.
Fips stands for the "First Interactive Partition Splitter", and the
new Lilo will allow you to boot kernels in upper portions of the drive.
The way to get this started is read the Fips documentation, then split
the partition, load linux (be sure to make a boot disk), and then
install the new version of Lilo (if it isn't already included in your
distro).

Jason