Hello,can I get some help?

Hello, I am a linux user from Springfield and I goto Urusline Academy. Working with linux is not difficult for me, but I do have a few specific questions/problems. I work with a computer that just happens to run windows which has been a problem for me. I eventually became frustrated enough to replace everything that didn't work (basically all the applications) with free stuff. I ran into GNU when I was doing my replacing and I began to learn about linux. I quickly became interested in linux and I downloaded a copy of micronix linux (umsdos and it takes up 12 diskettes) because my 14.4 modem can't handle anything larger less I work on it for months. I have read every man f0ile that I have found and I keep getting references to x-windows which I know is a gui for unix, but the x that came with micronix does not contain drivers for my video card. I want to know if it's possible that when I come to my first meeting that someone could bring a cd-r or a few diskettes with x-windows on there with an ATI Rage Pro graphics card of just an ATI rage card will do because I can't seem to find a site for this and downloading X will take way too long. If you have any packages that I could have a copy of I would also be grateful because as I said this machine dosen't work very fast and I have email and a slow lynx. Thanks, Darker.