Linux NIS Slave Servers.

Hello group,
  I've got a problem that's racking my brain.  The domain that I'm
administrating has an HP-UX NIS Server.  I'm currently trying to setup
an NIS slave on a RedHat 7.0 Box.  I can get the ypclient working just fine
and ypwhich -m shows a list of all the correct maps.  Here's my problem,
when I try to do a ypinit, it fails trying to communicate with ypxfrd on
the NIS master.  Here's the output from ypinit:

[root@lnxadmin02 yp]# ./ypinit -s node.dom.dom.com
We will need a few minutes to copy the data from node.dom.dom.com.
Transferring mail.aliases...
Trying ypxfrd ... not running

lnxadmin02.dom.dom.com's NIS data base has been set up.
If there were warnings, please figure out what went wrong, and fix it.

At this point, make sure that /etc/passwd and /etc/group have
been edited so that when the NIS is activated, the data bases you
have just created will be used, instead of the /etc ASCII files.

I've checked the NIS master server and ypxfrd is running.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

William C. Mount RHCE
mountwc@tremont702.org

"Shirly you can't be serious?    I am serious, and stop calling my Shirly."