Re: Special Event Speaker

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:53:24PM -0500, Kara Pritchard wrote:
> I'm working with our friend Dave McAllister (now with Egenera.com) to set
[...]
> I'm shooting for him to be able to visit our Central Illinois groups
> around 5/22 or 6/19. Then the following Wed or Thurs have a special
[...]
> What do you guys think? Are you even interested?

Yeah, Steve's pretty boring - it's about time we get someone new to
talk. ;)

Seriously, I think it'd be cool to get someone like Dave (or someone
pretending to be someone like Dave) to come talk to the group.  That
would be something abnormal, and would probably cause me to remember
that we're meeting.  It might be informative too.

Speaking of ways to attract people to the meetings, I feel that I should
mention the death of UIUC's LUG.  It appears to have happened on 3/28
of last year, now they've been assimilated into sigUnix.  Don't let this
happen to your user's group.

--Danny