Re: apache ssl on rh7.1

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:26:23AM -0500, charles@lunarmedia.net wrote:
> i just recently installed rh7.1 on a machine and found that when i start
> up apache, it doesnt appear to be listening on 443 by default. it seems
> like the ssl statements are in the config, however no ssl files are
> located in the /etc/httpd/ directory.
> with 7.1 is there something else that needs to be done to enable ssl?

From the mouth of a non-redhat user:

If you look in the error log, you'll probably see somethign complaining
about the lack of a certificate or something if apache was started with
"apachectrl startssl", or nothing if it wasn't.  You also need to have
a "Listen 443" and "<VirtualHost _default_:443></VirtualHost>" in your
httpd.conf.  Since it doesn't appear to be listening there, I'm guessing
that you're missing the Listen line.

--Danny