Re: DMA & ext2 corruption

Are you overclocking at all?  Running the PCI bus, and thus the IDE bus
at over 33MHz causes problems with some DMA drives (actually, 40MHz is
about the upper bound).  If your BIOS has a place where you can set the
PCI multiplier, check what it's setting your PCI speed at.  I screwed up
a bunch of stuff on one of my drives with my Abit BP6 running at 92MHz
FSB.  Later on, I found out that the multiplier stays at 1/2 until you
go over 93MHz, where it drops to 1/3.

Otherwise, I'm forced to comment about Western Digital and their POS
model drives - but that's just my opinion. :)

--Danny