RE: retiring e-mail revisited

Title: RE: retiring e-mail revisited

> > Its never okay to lie.
>
> > If you delete it and lie about what or why something
> happens, you will
> > be the #1 suspect (and should be), any time something odd happens to
> > the system.
>
> Only if you get caught.
>
> Let's not be naive here, Mark. The fact is -- and America
> Online realized
> this years ago -- if you ever admit that you've got problems,
> your people
> will turn on you and leave you for dog meat.
>
> There's a story about a medieval Japanese commander who wore
> red to battle
> so that his troops wouldn't see him bleed.
>
> The point is, spin is everything, and, as Robert Threet (the
> originator of
> this discussion) said to me, people "don't want the truth - they want
> someone to make them feel warm and fuzzy."

The original question was an ethical question.  I stand by what I said.
It is never okay to lie.  I will put a note that it is your practice to
lie, and thus cannot be trusted.  I would rather be naive than a known
lier.

Mark
Any opinions expressed in this message are not necessarily those of the
company.