Re: retiring e-mail revisited

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:21:25PM -0500, Jay Link wrote:

> > Or, you could just "expire" them yourself and make something up
> > about how you tagged your message to delete itself aftera certain
> > time or something.  That'd encourage users to back stuff up elsewhere
> > if they wanted to keep messages...
>
> Why is it ok for Danny to suggest this & not me?

It's not.  My bad.  Although, one *could* argue that tagging the
message with your from address and a date was the menas that you
used to trigger your manual deletion process, so one *might* get
away with claiming that *if* they later told the users that the
message was expired.  That'd still be stretching it a bit, though.

--Danny, who reccomends not even looking at users mail spools,
since that's how these questions come up.  Disk space low?  Big
files in mail spool?  mailall "mail spools are getting big, please
delete old messages or move to local machine".