Re: Athlon MB

Regarding the HighPoint controller, are you avoiding it because of previous
experience or just because you've not heard of it?

If you have had experince with it, what issues did you have?

Dam

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:30:09PM -0000, Benjamin Story wrote:
> Last night my MB got fried by a power surge so I'm in the market for a new
> board.  I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an Athlon board that
> plays well with Linux.  My hardware guru recommends the Abit KT-7, but I'm
> leery of the fact that it has a high point UDMA controller on it.  I'm hoping
> to simply plug in my current Mandrake 8 installed hard drive.
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Benjamin Story

--Damacus Porteng: damacus@munich.com & damacus@bastion.yi.org
--Webpage: http://bastion.yi.org/~damacus/ (PGP on site)
--IRC: net=irc.galaxynet.org nick=damacus chan=#cronus
--PHP Web Developer, Student, Computer/Linux Geek.