Re: Free S/390 time

rashworth wrote:
> IBM is now offering a free service, the Linux Community
> Development System (LCDS), that lets Linux developers
> access Linux running on an S/390 mainframe.

well if your looking at linux/s390 then why not just run your own mainframe,
me and tesla are setting one up and trying to figure out how to get it on my
cable connection so that it can be accessed from the web, we are looking at
running mvs on it because it looks like a challenge to figure out
it's actually a mainframe emulator that runs on linux, so if you are wanting
to run linux/s390 you would be running hercules on linux and then linux on
hercules *blink* *blink*, check out these links if you have an extra 300mhz
or better machine with 64 meg of ram lying around.

http://jaymoseley.terrashare.com/
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

ps the hercules-390 group on yahoogroups.com is very helpfull if any of you
guys decide to run hercules

Bob T. Kat

In the beginning the universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded
as a bad move.
  ---- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ---