Re: Ctrl-W woes

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 11:14:05AM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Jay Link said:
> > Does anyone else hate how Ctrl-W is what you press to search in Pico and
> > Pine, but Ctrl-W closes the browser window in Windows Netscape? How many
> > times have I tried to do a search in Netscape, only to shut myself out!
>
> Obviously the solution is to stop running Windows.  ;-)

Indeed, and to stop using the non-free Netscape when many of alternatives
exist (Mozilla (which has the same behavior), Galeon, Konqueror, lynx, etc).
Not to mention replacing the non-free pico and pine with free alternatives
like Vi, GNU Emacs, ed, nano, etc; or Mutt, Elm, kmail, gnats, etc
(respectivly).

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Wherever there is modularity there is the potential for misunderstanding: