SSH and sFTP clue needed

I am running AIX 4.3.3 and I've installed OpenSSH.
Everything worked great until Windoze users wanted to use
the file transfer util.  I noticed that it uses sFTP
instead of scp.  For some reason, I cannot get this to
work.  I tried running it separately and that didn't work
(it's supposed to be called from SSH).  sFTP runs on port
115 but it looks like it expects it to run on port 22.
I've tried connecting to both.  22 says "Unable to create a
secure connection" and 115 says "Server not found".  Any
tips would be welcomed!