Re: security tips requested

please correct me if i'm mistaken but don't you have to be in the same
collision domain in order to sniff the line?  so if your network is setup
with all switches then you can't sniff the clear text on the lan, now if
your accessing the account from the internet then i would go with the web
email or a very restricted ssh account with mutt, or maybee even a vpn into
the local net then out to the pop server, what you use and do really depends
on alot of things such as: budget, roll out time, access locations, other
required software involved that deals with email, how much fun you want to
have playing with the server to get it to do what you want (my personal
fav), i personally like pop for lan login with switches and no access from
outside the lan but thats just what i'm used to, good luck

Bob the Kat

"When everyone's out to get you, paranoia's just good thinking!"
-- WKRP's Dr. Johnny Fever