Re: kppp problem

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:25:22AM -0500, shamrock@mtco.com wrote:
[...]
> 1) why the error "modprobe: Can't locate module ppp0"

I'll leave this one to some SuperGuru that uses Redhat. :)

> 2) why no DNS, even though it's obviously getting picked up? (yes, those are the correct DNS servers)

Is /etc/nsswitch.conf configured to look at dns?  There should be
a line in there like this:
	hosts:          files dns
Sometimes stuff like that gets messed up...  Try running "nslookup"
with no args.  It should start up and connect to one of the servers
in that list if resolv.conf is being looked at.  I imagine it will
probably come up and complain about no route to host or something
similar, since DNS lookups aren't working for you.

You might do a "route -n" and make sure that your default route is
getting set, and maybe ping one of the servers to see that you can
reach them.

--Danny