d: Re: iptables performance

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:57:53PM -0500 or thereabouts, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:46:21AM -0500, Danny Sauer wrote:
> > I've used squid with a rewrite script to block ads before (the one at
> > taz.net.au), but would rather not have to set up a transparent proxy at
> > this time.
>
> Why not?  It'll speed things up if anything.
>
> Besides, you could slap junkbuster in there too.

I have been using Webwasher, which used to be given away for windows or
Linux from Seamons (sp), but now has their own site.. www.webwasher.com/
It works independently with any browser to selectively filter anything
you want by the browser 8080 proxy. it even filters out web dots, and
blocks unwanted Web content like banner ads and pop-up windows which may
contain java scripts for pop-ups, but it is much more, and customizable
too.  It really works great and is free, but for individual user use.
They have an enterprise edition, but costs money (not much).  It really
improves performance too.. I like it, used it for years.. They have a
linux version.. and have used that... really good.

--
Best regards,
Gary