2.2 -> 2.4

To move from a 2.2 kernel to a 2.4 kernel, all I've gotta do is upgrade
to the newest modutils and recompile any modules neccesary, right?  I've
done it before, but it just seems like it wasn't that easy...

Alternatively, is there a way to do
	iptables -A PREROUTING -d 10.1.1.1 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1
under a 2.2 kernel (ie, with ipchains or something else)?  I'd rather not
masquerade the source address.  FYI, I've got 2 real IPs being routed in
over a 172.27 interface.  I could add a NIC to the 172.27 machine and put
one real IP on the NIC with a cross-over cable hooked to a second NIC in
a second machine, with that second machine being bound to the other real IP,
but then I've gotta run an extra cable and further obfuscate the route from
my internal network to the external net.  If I could just change the dest
at the incoming router (the 172.27 interface) everything would be happy.

Thanks,
Danny