Re: my computer is......

Hi MIke,

On Tuesday, December 11, 2001, 9:06 AM, you hammered out in part about "my computer is......":

MC>   Gary thanx for your response. my computer is as follows:

MC> nvidia geforce 2 mx400 on a 4x agp slot

MC> Synch ranges are : 30-94khz horizontal    and    50-150khz vertical

MC> post about it on their website under 8.1 errata. I tried what they
MC> suggested for a fix for after installation to no avail ( whis was
MC> run depmod -a ). I then reinstalled the operating system taking
MC> their advice for the fix during installation which also failed. I
MC> think it may have something to do with my monitor as this is an
MC> el-cheapo monitor for sure.

Mike, here is a URL on Mandrake Forum that might be of benefit.  I used
to be on the egroup, and very seldom saw problems with Geforce 2's.
Could be, as you mentioned, the monitor... I suggest going into init3 on
boot, and follow their suggestions.. of course, you might have seen
this.   http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1354&lang=en

--

Best regards,
 Gary

Today's thought: Computer : a million morons working at the speed of light.