wireless

So, I'm looking at pricewatch, trying to find a place to get cheap 802.11
connectivity for my garage stereo, and I find that Diamond Multimedia
has a kit with 1 ISA and 1 PCI 802.11 card, and that it can be had for
under $40.  So, that's pretty cool.  There's some kernel list traffic that
claims the card is supported.  That's also cool.

However, I'm not so sure about support.  So, I'll ask: Have any of you
directly used these things in an ad-hoc mode?  Does anyone have anything
I should look out for, knowing that right across the street is my ISP
with a big ol' tower broadcasting their 2.4GHz signal all over the place?

If I go ahead and pick some up, I'll pass along results.

Thanks,
Danny