Re: booting problems

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 05:09:11PM -0600, Blunier, Mark wrote:
> > I'm trying to boot a machine from a floppy, but failing.  I've tried
> > several install disks, and only get
[...]
> I'm assuming you are trying to boot a floppy with kernel you made
> yourself.  Have you tried booting one of the minisystems like
> tom's boot disk?  It might help you determine if the problem is
> with your floppy, or the image you made.

I'm trying to boot with the bootdisk that came with SuSE 6.4 and 7.1,
and I've tried the RedHat 7.2 bootdisk.  The SuSE disks will boot other
computers - but I haven't tried this redhat disk yet.  I'm using the
netinstall image.  Given that all of them stop at the same point with
very different kernels on different floppies in multiple drives, I'm
guessing it's a hardware thing - but then, I might just be paranoid. :)

Good debugging steps either way - I haven't tried Tom's rootboot yet, I
guess I'll try that tomorrow...

--Danny